Friday, April 5, 2013

Fee, Fie, Foe, Friday: The Jelly Bellys are Gone But Mine Isn't

I ate the last Jelly Belly from Easter today. I started with a pound of mixed flavors, and because I'm somewhere between one and crazy, I've eaten them color by color. If you love Jelly Belly jelly beans, you'll understand that each color has a distinct flavor. My current favorite is the Buttered Popcorn.  But I digress.

My issue here is that in less than a week, I've eaten a pound of jelly beans, and there is still good French  dark chocolate to be eaten. I STILL need to lose ten pounds, and with my favorite candies around, that isn't going to happen. I have no willpower. All I need is one jelly bean, and all bets are off.

My cousin Donna and I "Lented" on things we love. She does it for religious reasons, I assume, and I do it because I think its good for me. She went off of chocolate, and I have a feeling she didn't gorge herself on it at Easter. She has amazing willpower. I gave up sugar; and like a racehorse out of the gate, I ran for the Jelly Bellys on Easter morning. And I've had some every day until they were gone. They have them by flavor in bulk at Wegman's, but at least I didn't buy MORE.  Sad, aren't I?

Now, during my sugar abstention, I didn't lose much more weight than I normally do when I watch what I eat,  but at least I didn't gain. This week I have an extra half-pound. It's all going in the wrong direction. Sugar is the devil.

Guess I'll just have to pretend it's Lent again...just as soon as those two big French chocolate bunnies are gone.

The scale is not my friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment