Friday, May 10, 2013

Fee, Fie, Foe, Friday: Germination

According to the Online Etymology Dictionary, the word "germ" didn't begin to take on the negative connection with disease until early in the 18th C. The older sense of the word is much nicer : from the Latin germen which means to sprout, to bud. Germination.

I like the idea of budding and sprouting, especially now, in the Spring. While things are sprouting and budding in the garden, I've got plans and ideas sprouting in my brain. It's all good. Some part of my mind goes into hibernation over the Winter, and the rest of me goes on autopilot. Apparently so do most of the people I know.  Once the days get longer, and the lawns green up, Everyone, and everything is fully alive. Wild violets are blooming in the hollows where the fairies dance at dusk.  This is my favorite time of year because it is so full possibilities. Time for growth.

Germination. A new start, and we get the chance every moment.

Germination: Vegetables for Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment