Monday, April 15, 2013

Cooked All Week and Nothing to Show for It but a Raised Bed

I warned you all this would be an odd week. Chuck had eye surgery that has forced him to face-plant himself for seven mortal days. Plus, complications from the general anesthesia that sent us to an emergency clinic and ANOTHER doctor. Lots of lost sleep and stress. Luckily, we got most of it under control by Friday, thanks to the huge help from Susan, and Merry and CC. Nonetheless I am pretty much pooped.

I've cooked every meal in, which is rare around here. Lots of blog-worthy dishes. I start taking pictures as I go, but by the time the food is ready to plate, there are eyedrops, pills or or a catheter to check, and swoosh I forget to shoot the final picture. All I wanted to do at that point was get it on a plate and get us all fed.

Funny thing, though. The weather has been glorious. I took some vacation time to deal with this planned operation, and the highlights have been the time spent walking Hobbes. It's peak Spring here, and cruising the neighborhood towed by a small dog on a leash has been a joy. While I can only go for a few minutes at a time, its a real gift since I am usually locked in a retail store at this time of year. Gave me garden-fever.

Since he patient is largely on the mend today, although still face-down, I assembled one of my two new raised bed gardens today. 18" deep.  Running in and out every 20 minutes or so to check on my patient, I managed to drill in 72 woods crews. Oy.  I'm planning a third, but they're a little pricy from kits (I'm not real skilled with tools) so I'll wait until later into Summer to order the third. Can't wait to get them filled and planted. I can taste the beans and tomatoes already!

My new 18" deep raised bed. Will fit a few more in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment